Internal Hard Drive Recovery Edinburgh
If you suspect a hard drive or SSD failure has occurred then please switch of the machine and have it checked asap. We have seen many cases of a recoverable drive not being recovered because:
- Someone opened the drive
- Someone caused damage to a platter or head
- Someone ran check disk or disk repair software on a drive requiring head replacement and the drive heads damaged the platter.
We have special hardware that lets us read unreadable drives, however even with this sometimes there is a small window of opportunity to get data off before resorting to swapping internal components.
It advisable in these situations not to keep trying, every attempt can cause wear and tear on components. What was once recoverable might not be afterwards, even if it is it may be more expensive.
If the drive is internal we are more than happy to remove the drive from the Mac or Laptop for you. Usually there is no charge for this.
Internal drive symptoms.
- Not detect by the Bios of laptop/Mac and wont boot.
- Spins and beeps then stops.
- No power or activity whatsoever.
- Seems to work fine but very slow to access files or perform any task.
- Blue screen of death on boot.
- Rhythmic clicking of heads.