Internal Hard Drive Recovery Edinburgh
If you suspect a hard drive or SSD failure has occurred then please switch of the machine and have it checked asap. We have seen many cases of a recoverable drives not being recovered because:
- Someone opened the drive
- Someone caused damage to a platter or head
- Someone ran check disk or disk repair software on a drive requiring head replacement and the drive heads damaged the platter.
- Never run recovery software on a hard drive or ssd until you a are sure that the drive has no hardware issues.
- Been look at by the IT chap at the customers place of work.
- Been looked at at the average computer repair shop which with all respect don’t run a specialist data recovery company.
- The customer though they could solder the hard drive PCB or swapping bios chips from hard drive PCB’s.
- Someone formatted a drive and continued to use the drive.
We have special hardware that lets us read unreadable drives, however even with this sometimes there is a small window of opportunity to get data off a hard drive before resorting to swapping internal components. With our DDI 4 recovery unit we would aim to get access to the drive and read any valuable data before the drive fails completely. Any attempts by the customer or a computer repair shop only increase the wear and tear on an already damaged drive thus shortening our opportunity to get the data without having to obtain donor hard drive parts.
It is advisable in these situations not to keep trying, every attempt can cause wear and tear on components. What was once recoverable might not be afterwards, even if it is it may be more expensive.
With internal drives we are more than happy to remove the drive from the Mac, Laptop or PC for you at no additional charge. Its not the first time we have had a Macbook Pro in the post for hard drive or ssd data recovery with us.
Internal drive symptoms:
- The hard drive or ssd serial and model number cant be seen in the computer bios screen.
- Macbook doesn’t load to desktop or flashing icon in the middle of the screen.
- Hard drive power up, beeps then powers down
- NTFS non mountable partition of computer start up.
- No power or activity whatsoever.
- Seems to work fine but very slow to access files or perform any task.
- Blue screen of death on boot.
- Rhythmic clicking of heads.
- High pitched grinding noise.
- Hard drive has liquid damage.
The drives we see most are Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba, and Maxtor Models.
Take advantage of our free collection service, let us quote you a fixed cost for your data recovery issue form start to finish.
Just Call 0131 235 2486 24 hour service and ask for John.